Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Looking for Alaska Post #4

Of all the choices I had for summer reading, one novel clearly stood out to me from the very beginning. This novel just so happens to be Looking for Alaska by John Green. My attention was drawn to this novel particularly because I have heard only amazing reviews about this book, both from my peers and online. I have heard this book reels you in and is very hard to put down, which is a quality I look for in books. Another reason I have chosen to read this book is because I recently read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and it was one of the best books I have read in my entire life. I felt connected to Looking for Alaska because one of the themes in the book was peer pressure, and I am constantly finding myself under peer pressure. I would definitely recommend this book to any mature teenager, or anybody who feels comfortable reading a book that has content such as drugs, drinking, etc. I think teenagers would like this book because it deals with current issues that go on in the teenage world, such as falling under the peer pressure of doing drugs, or drunk driving. This book left me with a powerful message and I definitely recommend reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment