Saturday, January 4, 2014

Conversation with Ellen Rosen

Out of all the characters from the book Number the Stars by Lois Lowry, I think the most interesting person to have a conversation with would have to be Ellen Rosen. This is mainly because we have a lot to relate to- we are both Jewish teenage girls. During the conversation with Ellen I would start by asking her the challenges of being Jewish in Copenhagen 1943. What were some things you had to risk? What were some feelings you had when the Nazis stormed into Annemarie's house in the middle of the night? Were you frightened? Startled? Nervous? Upset? I would really like to know how she was feeling in those few seconds leading up to the event, especially when she forgot to take of her necklace which had a jewish star on it. I admire Annemarie for remembering to tell Ellen about her necklace. Had it not been for Annemarie, Ellen's future, and even life may have been put in extreme danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment