Sunday, February 2, 2014

Soundtrack

  Right now I'm on page 107 of Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I am almost towards the end of the book. I am starting to notice a theme- be brave, even in the toughest times. This is because Annemarie Johansen and Ellen Rosen have to do exactly that- be brave. Ellen Rosen is Jewish, and must go in hiding with Annemarie's family, in hopes of not being found by the Nazis. She must go far away from her hometown, and without her parents or siblings. She has no idea what could or might happen in the future, and there's no way to prepare for that. Every night she has to go to sleep terrified and worried. Although she isn't near hear family, she manages to always have a smile on her face while remaining brave. This is why I think the song Brave, by Sara Bareilles is a good representation of this book and its theme.

2 comments:

  1. This seems like it would be a good book to read. I think you picked a great song and it seems like it really fits the book well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book a few years ago, and completely agree with your choice of this song, it is really a good representation

    ReplyDelete