This trimester, I set a blogging goal for myself. My goal was to add more voice to all of my pieces, and to show more of my personality into my blogging. I think I have achieved this goal over the course of the trimester, because I use many examples of textual evidence by providing quotes. For instance, in my last post entitled “Review on my book”, I described some quotes that I found to be quite inspirational. “So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them"(Chbosky 211). I listed the quote, then continued to describe how this touched me. I described how this quote shows that you can’t simply change who you are, but you can change your actions and you can change how you impact others. I also included many links into my posts, such as a picture and quote by the author. I included a quote in my post entitled “Blog Post About the Author”, and I included a cover picture of the book in my post entitled “Why I Chose this Book”.
Monday, May 12, 2014
Final Blogging Assessment in English 1B
Throughout the trimester, I think my writing style has changed for the better. There are many new diction and syntax strategies that I have incorporated into my blogging. In my last post entitiled "Review on My Book", I used elevated diction. I used the word quite, intsead of very. "There are also lots of quotes in this book that I really like and find to be
quite inspirational." I also used the word simply, instead of just. "It taught me that you can't simply change who you are, but you can choose
what you do in your life and who you impact."As far as syntax goes, I wrote in all caps for some sentences to enhance the importance of some lines. One place I used this technique is when I said "WHO WANTS TO READ A BOOK WHEN YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN???" I also added lots of question marks to make it seem more obvious.
This trimester, I set a blogging goal for myself. My goal was to add more voice to all of my pieces, and to show more of my personality into my blogging. I think I have achieved this goal over the course of the trimester, because I use many examples of textual evidence by providing quotes. For instance, in my last post entitled “Review on my book”, I described some quotes that I found to be quite inspirational. “So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them"(Chbosky 211). I listed the quote, then continued to describe how this touched me. I described how this quote shows that you can’t simply change who you are, but you can change your actions and you can change how you impact others. I also included many links into my posts, such as a picture and quote by the author. I included a quote in my post entitled “Blog Post About the Author”, and I included a cover picture of the book in my post entitled “Why I Chose this Book”.
This trimester, I set a blogging goal for myself. My goal was to add more voice to all of my pieces, and to show more of my personality into my blogging. I think I have achieved this goal over the course of the trimester, because I use many examples of textual evidence by providing quotes. For instance, in my last post entitled “Review on my book”, I described some quotes that I found to be quite inspirational. “So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them"(Chbosky 211). I listed the quote, then continued to describe how this touched me. I described how this quote shows that you can’t simply change who you are, but you can change your actions and you can change how you impact others. I also included many links into my posts, such as a picture and quote by the author. I included a quote in my post entitled “Blog Post About the Author”, and I included a cover picture of the book in my post entitled “Why I Chose this Book”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment