Sunday, January 26, 2014
Best thing about my book
I am currently on page 89 of Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. There are many things I like about my book. First, I can relate to it. Ellen Rosen is 15 years old and is Jewish, just like me. She lives in Copenhagen and is alive during the Holocaust. She has to travel with her friend Annemarie Johansen to Denmark, in hopes of not being found by the Nazis. Although I was not alive during the Holocaust, both my grandma and my grandpa were. I can't begin to imagine how terrified Ellen is during this time, but I know what it feels like to be a different religion than most of my friends. Another reason why I like this book is because it always has me wanting to read ahead. I want to know- will Ellen survive? Or will she be taken to a concentration camp? Last, I like this book because it is slightly unpredictable. Right when you think Ellen is going to be taken away, another event happens. After all, who wants to read a boring book where you know what's going to happen right away? If you like books that keep you on the edge of your chair, I recommend this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel like I have heard of a lot of people reading this book, or maybe it was a different book, i'm not sure. Anyways I think that it is really cool that you can relate to this book on such a personal level.
ReplyDeleteI feel like this would be a very gripping book to read. This is like a book that tries to pull you in to reading the whole thing! I think this would be a very good book to read, but it would take alot of patience!
ReplyDelete