Sunday, February 9, 2014

Letter to the Author

Dear Lois Lowry,
I would like to take a minute to thank you. Thank you for writing Number the Stars. This book has been an amazing read. One of the reasons I picked up this book was because I heard it was fantastic. Once I started reading, I couldn't agree more. There were many reasons I especially loved this book. First, I had a personal connection to this book. I am 15 years old, and Jewish, just like Ellen Rosen. Another reason I loved this book was because it was action packed, and it was a cliffhanger. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Last, I really liked this book because it was powerful. I think the lesson of the book- never take life for granted, is very important. There are so many things we Americans do each day that we take for granted, and we don't realize not everyone has the ability to do such things. I look forward to reading many other books by you.
Yours truly, Samantha Winkler

4 comments:

  1. i agree with you sam becuase i read it in 5th grade it was so great that i wanted to read other books that she wrote. number the stars is such a great book to really see what their life was about , well thats what i think but i love it how you have a personal connection with the book and i hope that you read more books by lois lowry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i heard she has written some great books besides this one, and I look forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book a couple of years ago and I totally agree with you. It was definatly a cliffhanger and being Jewish you really can make a good connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you connected with the book and took something out of it positivly!

    ReplyDelete