Sunday, April 13, 2014
Soundtrack for my book
I am currently on page 90 of the book entitled The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky. I think the song Asleep by the Smiths is a good representation for this book. For one, this song is mentioned several times throughout the book. This means its obviously important, right? I feel this song is a good representation of the book for many reasons. First, the song represents suicide. In the beginning of the book, Charlie mentions that his good friend Michael has committed suicide but he cant figure out why because Michael never shared any of his problems. Also, throughout the book Charlie lists many struggles of his own. Along with his friend Michael no longer being there with him, Charlie must deal with keeping quiet about what happened to his sister, or protecting her by telling his English teacher Bill. Another issue of his is that his Aunt Helen, who he described as his favorite person in the whole world passed away in a car accident, so he feels he has nobody to connect with anymore. At this point in the book, I am wondering if Charlie will commit suicide later on because he feels he has nobody there for him. I guess I will only find out by continuing to read...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment